What Are You Thinking or Feeling Right Now?

Use this forum for anything that is not IQ and/or music related.

• I think FB is a nice thing to find (remote) friends/relatives (again) who maybe were out of sight for a long time. And keep in touch with them in an easy way, show them what you are doing, share interests.
    It starts to get a problem when you think you need to post every stupid simple little thing on it that you are doing, 24 hours a day. When you notice you are spending more time living in that virtual world than in the real world with the real ones around you. Then it starts to get a problem, or actually the moment when you notice that, it is already a problem..
    Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    Denise
    Platinum Poster

• I miss many of you guys on here, while I know, you are all quite active on Facebook. Nevertheless my suspicion against Facebook is too big. I will stay away. While this and some other forums have become pretty quiet recently, I have returned into the shelter of the good old Genesis forum. There is still quite a lot of activity, due to the fact, that it is mainly frequented by old farts like me, who are Facebook despisers, too.

@ Denise: I once deleted my account on the Genesis forum, because I felt, that I was spending too much time on the internet. And I am afraid, that I would run into that danger again if I joined Facebook. My wife was on Facebook for a while. And occasionally, I used her account to stroll around and look for people. And in no time, an hour or two had passed by. I think, I don`t want that again, either.

Sigh.

:roll:
    Slow_Dancer
    Premium Member

• I never fell in love with Mr. Mark Elliot Zuckerberg - so I guess I don't have to break up with him either.

I use Facebook, but very little, mostly work related. And I get a feeling it's already dated and out of fashion. (I'm sure the statistics tells me wrong - but nevermind!) I can see the advantages for bands to use it activly, though.

Twitter is my new flame, but It will get increasingly annoying after a while, so I will probobly break up with her/it in the future.
    I can learn to resist - anything but temptation
    ArtIQfan
    Emerald Poster

• I should have known that - but I don't wanted to provoke another facebook discussion here. It's the 'What Are You Thinking or Feeling Right Now?' subject and I felt very miserable last night - and one of the reasons for it was a lack of sleep maybe due to wasting too much time in front of the screen (agree with Thomas). And I agree with Denise, too - fb is a really nice place to keep in touch with friends and to share interests with them. It's always up to you to deal with it in a responsible manner.

So feel free to check it out if you want to.

And yes, I feel myself way better today. :D
    T minus :
    Valkenburg, NL: 3,
    Loreley, GER: 30,
    London, UK: 80,
    Copenhagen, DK: 93,
    Stockholm, SWE: 94,
    Rome, I: 114,
    Fontaneto D'Agogna, I: 115,
    London, UK: 171,
    Zoetermeer, NL: 179,
    Bury, UK: 206,
    Aschaffenburg, GER: 219,
    Oberhausen, GER: 220 days
    Micha
    Premium Member

• Micha wrote:And yes, I feel myself way better today. :D

That's great Micha!

It has become very quiet on here, so I spend more time on Marillion.com forum: plenty always going on, although it seems more and more friction in some threads, often revolving around the whole Fish/H issue :| Yes, still :roll:

Anyway, very pleased to see they will be in Cardiff on September 9th this year :D :D :D

..........and therefore thinking that September 9th 2012 will be a good day :D
    essexboyinwales
    Emerald Poster

• essexboyinwales wrote:
    Micha wrote:And yes, I feel myself way better today. :D

That's great Micha!

It has become very quiet on here, so I spend more time on Marillion.com forum: plenty always going on, although it seems more and more friction in some threads, often revolving around the whole Fish/H issue :| Yes, still :roll:

Anyway, very pleased to see they will be in Cardiff on September 9th this year :D :D :D

..........and therefore thinking that September 9th 2012 will be a good day :D

Glad you posted that... Found out they're playing Sheff the day after my birthday - party on! :mrgreen:
    http://twitter.com/theasigma : http://theasigma.tumblr.com/
    theasigma
    Platinum Poster

More IQ - that's what I want, too!

:mrgreen:
    T minus :
    Micha
    Premium Member

• Micha wrote:Image

It seems you should put a lampshade on your head to get that.. :D
    ( you could also be very useful as a Guiding Light at the same time) :mrgreen:
    Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    Denise
    Platinum Poster

• Denise wrote:
    Micha wrote:Image

It seems you should put a lampshade on your head to get that.. :D
    ( you could also be very useful as a Guiding Light at the same time) :mrgreen:

I'm looking forward to gigs populated by lampshade-wearing IQ fans in the future! :mrgreen:
    http://twitter.com/theasigma : http://theasigma.tumblr.com/
    theasigma
    Platinum Poster

• I'm feeling a little bit tired tonight, especially my legs have taken some beating today. Why? Together with my family I've started a week long winter vacation at the ski resort of Oppdal in Middle Norway. Beautiful!

Just finishing a glass of red wine. Life could be worse. :)
    ArtIQfan
    Emerald Poster

• ATM we have some Bordercollie-puppies at home. Now that the weather is fine they may go outside. :)

Sers, MatD
    MatD
    Sapphire Poster

• MatD wrote:ATM we have some Bordercollie-puppies at home. Now that the weather is fine they may go outside. :)

Great stuff MatD, thanks for sharing. We once had a Bordercollie. After just two and a half years we had to put her to sleep due to severe epilepsy :-(. We still find it the most beautiful dog there is, but we don't want to experience that again.
    'I will surrender my heart to the sky
    Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)
    Teunis
    Emerald Poster

• I was thinking that one of them specially designed 'IQ r Unique' T-shirts, would look good in my collection, but then I hear that they are highly limited and rarer than Martin Orford on an I-tunes chart. Luckily I believe in Fairies, Coffee Fairies of course :D :D
    so pass me a shot, and make it a double
    I'm a whole lot of trouble and I don't do subtle.

Dizzee Rascal
    the real Oggy
    Leather Poster

• Micha's To-Do-List:

to breathe,
    to drink,
    to eat,
    to sleep,
    to work,
    to do Kingston!

:wink:
    T minus :
    Micha
    Premium Member

• Sad today.

I was out gardening in the lovely weather with my iPod plugged in when my father in law brought to my attention the death of one of Norways top athletes, Alexander Dale Oen (1985-2012). Anathemas Weather Systems was almost to much to bear.

Alexander Dale Oen won the World Championship in swimming last year only three days after the tragedy that hit us the 22th of July. He became a symbol of our nations sorrow that day crying when he got his gold medal.
    ArtIQfan
    Emerald Poster

PreviousNext

Return to All Other Banter

Information