De Boerderij, Zoetermeer, December 2012

Post your IQ related photos here.

• After an abortive attempt to register on the forum yesterday (who knew that the keyboard player's name starts with a lowercase "d"? :wink:), I managed this evening with Dene's help.

Anyway, the purpose of said registration was to point you to some pictures I took at the gig at De Boerderij last Friday (excellent gig, by the way; very enjoyable). Dene has already loaded them to the front page of the band's website (thanks for that; I'm most chuffed), but you can get them permanently via my flickr account at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markmccaughrean/sets/72157632203275834/

A good reason to go there, in addition to bumping up my view numbers ( 8) ) is that you'll also find pictures from other gigs at De Boerderij and elsewhere, including Arena, Moon Safari, Believe, The Enid, RPWL, and the estimable Frost* (roll on next Sunday at the Scala!).

Hope you enjoy the IQ pictures ...
    Trapezium Artist

• I was wondering if you'd made it along to the Zoetermeer gig, TA! :D

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did the Islington one.
    "At the water, it is the hour."
    Cat
    Gold Poster

• Well there's a familiar face (or icon); fancy seeing you over here, Catherine :D

Indeed, I was at Zoetermeer and enjoyed it; Ryker Skies was simply fabulous, along with much else. Regretably, I'm not as familiar with IQ's back catalogue as I perhaps should be, but I shall endeavour to catch up :wink:

It has been interesting watching this forum since I posted my pictures last night: judging from the page reads here and the views on my flickr account, many have taken a look, but no-one until you had posted anything in reply. Over in Frost*shire, people are much more loquacious ... 8)

See you in London on Sunday, no doubt.
    Trapezium Artist

• When I looked at them this morning it was before I was able to do words :oops:
    Very nice pics :mrgreen:
    http://twitter.com/theasigma : http://theasigma.tumblr.com/
    theasigma
    Platinum Poster

• theasigma wrote:When I looked at them this morning it was before I was able to do words :oops:
    Very nice pics :mrgreen:

Thanks very much. I won't pretend that I fully understand what you mean about looking at pix before being able to do words, but it reminds of a science fiction story, the name of which evades me, in which a boy grows and develops extremely quickly, in a matter of days ... :wink:

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words re: my pix; much appreciated.
    Trapezium Artist

• Indeed, v. nice pics (although Mr Nicholls is in need of a haircut...)
    "At the water, it is the hour."
    Cat
    Gold Poster

• Coolpix! I can see why Dene has allowed them into the website. But then again: This is a very good looking band, isn't it? Good work Mr. Trapeeze.
    I can learn to resist - anything but temptation
    ArtIQfan
    Emerald Poster

• ArtIQfan wrote:Coolpix! I can see why Dene has allowed them into the website. But then again: This is a very good looking band, isn't it? Good work Mr. Trapeeze.

Thanks, ArtIQfan; much appreciated.

As for the band being very good-looking, I must report that when my brother looked at these over the weekend, he said "Middle-aged man taking pictures of middle-aged men with beards ... hmmm ..." :lol:

To which I responded that it was a safer hobby than a middle-aged man taking pictures of pretty girls in the park or even buildings in Central London ... :wink:
    Trapezium Artist

• Speaking as a girl and with a half-finished degree in looking at naked Ancient Greek statues of the ideal human form - they all look lovely. :mrgreen:
    http://twitter.com/theasigma : http://theasigma.tumblr.com/
    theasigma
    Platinum Poster

• theasigma wrote:Speaking as a girl and with a half-finished degree in looking at naked Ancient Greek statues of the ideal human form - they all look lovely. :mrgreen:

Hell yeah! I'd do 'em all!

;-)

D
    Grab your taco, you've pulled a dyslexic Mexican.
    Deno
    Site Admin

• if they were the bangles...
    The voice of freedom and truth
    Peter
    Premium Member

• Peter wrote:if they were the bangles...

ewww no....maybe Susanna Hoffs but the rest all look like a cross between David Coverdale and Suzi Quatro!
    Grab your taco, you've pulled a dyslexic Mexican.
    Deno
    Site Admin

• Deno wrote:
    Peter wrote:if they were the bangles...

ewww no....maybe Susanna Hoffs but the rest all look like a cross between David Coverdale and Suzi Quatro!

Now, now, Deno ... I'd certainly agree to Susanna Hoffs being top of the pile (and then some), but there'd be no reason to kick any of the others out of bed (at least in their 1980s incarnations).

Just as a personal anecdote on The Bangles, I've seen them play live twice in recent years, and jolly good they (still) are: they can and do play their instruments, and even if Susanna can't hit the highest notes any more, she can surely sing.

The second time was in the summer of 2008 at Bristol and I took my then 8-year old daughter to her first gig, albeit not telling her where we were going in advance. Already a big Bangles fan at that age, imagine the surprise when she saw band's name on the marquee above the venue when we arrived ... and even more so when, two minutes later, the band themselves walked out right past her after sound-checking.

Unfortunately, there was an equally middled-aged chap there, but on his own, with decidedly greasy hair, and with several tatty carrier bags full of Bangles paraphernalia which he wanted signing. The band understandably beat a hasty retreat into the waiting taxi ... did sort of take the magic out of the moment for my daughter (and for me 8) ).
    Trapezium Artist

Return to Photos

Information