Movies

Use this forum for anything that is not IQ and/or music related.
Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:32 pm

• Polly Pocket wrote:I'm kind of curious to see Sex & Drugs & Rock N Roll (The Ian Dury biopic) just to see what my old bete noir has done with the role. That and the music should be quite good.

Then pop up with 90 mins to spare.
    Serkis manages a competent performance as Dury. The film concentrates mostly on Dury and his relationships, with his (soon to be) ex-wife and (current) Girlfriend, but mostly his son, and his father, the rise to fame being charted in the backround. The past, his influences, and Dury's troubled psyche are introduced via flashbacks, and mirrored in his sons behavioural decline. Overall, not bad, but a bit disorganised.
    so pass me a shot, and make it a double
    I'm a whole lot of trouble and I don't do subtle.

Dizzee Rascal
    the real Oggy
    Leather Poster

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 pm

• Slow_Dancer wrote:
    Slow_Dancer wrote:I have just returned from the cinema.
    Stieg Larsson`s Men, who hate women.

Tremendous movie, an absolutely stunning Noomi Rapace. Great. Almost as good as the book.

:mrgreen:

Love the books to bits and like the movies. Saw the first two parts. The third part is due to release this summer.

Highly recommendable.

The books and the movies.

Watched the third part at the cinema tonight. Was really brilliant, too.

I simply love Swedish criminal novels and movies.

The movie theater was completely empty, because everybody was watching footie.

Slow_Dancer
    Premium Member

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 pm

• Slow_Dancer wrote:The movie theater was completely empty, because everybody was watching footie.

...which was indeed an adequate alternative to any movie.

T -:

Islington Assembly Hall, London, UK: 35,
    Cultuurpodium Boerderij, Zoetermeer, NL: 36,
    The Met, Bury, UK: 64,
    Artrock Festival, Neuberinhaus, Reichenbach, GER: 155,
    Midsummer Prog, Valkenburg, NL: 225,
    Night Of The Prog XIV, Loreley, GER: 252 days
    Micha
    Premium Member

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:42 pm

T -:

Islington Assembly Hall, London, UK: 35,
    Cultuurpodium Boerderij, Zoetermeer, NL: 36,
    The Met, Bury, UK: 64,
    Artrock Festival, Neuberinhaus, Reichenbach, GER: 155,
    Midsummer Prog, Valkenburg, NL: 225,
    Night Of The Prog XIV, Loreley, GER: 252 days
    Micha
    Premium Member

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:15 am

• Yeah, whatever. Sucks to be us.

IQ - GIVES YOU WINGS
    Polly Pocket
    Big Shiny Red Edam Poster

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 am

• The Human Centipede(First Sequence)

As soon as I read about viewers hurling chunks, and the Director getting Death threats, I knew I would be watching this, soon. And so it was.
    Premise is standard Horror film cliche, two teens, far from home, car breaks down, they find a house, at the side of a wood, inhabited by a creepy looking Doctor. The Doctor in this case, is perfectly played by Dieter Laser, previously known to me as Mantrid, in Lexx, this time looking like he wandered off the set of an early Kraftwerk video. Dr Heiter, who previously separated Siamese Twins, is mourning the loss of his reverse engineered '3-hound', and wants a new pet. This is horror in terms of the psychological impact, slow, but not in any way gory, after all, whats a little surgery between friends ? Not very fast paced, not a lot of action, apart from the abortive escape attempts. I think the most depraved parts are the obvious gastric connection, between Heiters 'patients', and possibly the scene, where Heiter is explaining to his 'patients' what he is about to do. This was my second viewing, the sequel is being made as I type, this time the Full Sequence will have 12 segments, I wait with twisted anticipation and morbid curiosity.

Dizzee Rascal
    the real Oggy
    Leather Poster

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 pm

• Took the family to see Toy Story 3D at the weekend, and it was sensational :D :D

Much bebate in the British press when this came out, about "grown men" crying in films - well I do in many films and this was no exception

I thoroughly recommend this, even if it's just for (Barbie and) Ken 8) :lol: :lol:
    essexboyinwales
    Emerald Poster

Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20 pm

• Machete

Beheadings, bullets, blood and babes on the Texas/Mexico border.
    Machete is a former cop, hired to shoot Robert De Nero, in an attempt to gain De Nero's character the vote for Senate, and then totally stitched up. Our man then goes out for revenge, his name telling you what his weapon of choice is. Expanded from a fake Trailer in the Grindhouse films of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, Starring Danny Trejo (you may not know the name, but there is no mistaking that face) and also featuring Steven Seagal, Cheech Marin, Jessica Alba an unrecognisible Don johnson, and a mostly nude Lindsay Lohan. This is possibly the ultimate 'bloke' movie, and a perfect antidote, if like me, you were forced to watch Sex and The City2 (over 140 minutes, and I still couldn't work out if Sarah Jessica Parker's face was the right way round)
    I did think that last years banned Grotesque had probably the best disembowelling scene ever, then I saw Machete go on better, utilising a freshly drawn intestine to abseil down to another window.
    This is my kind of Movie. :D :D

Dizzee Rascal
    the real Oggy
    Leather Poster

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:38 pm

• So has anyone been to see Buried :?:

Sounds like one for the claustrophobes out there :?
    essexboyinwales
    Emerald Poster

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 pm

• The King's Speech.

With a special part for Cl... Cl... Cl... Claudius, who doesn't stammer this time :mrgreen:

Favorite quote: "In this grave hour fuck fuck fuck perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger shit shit I send to everyyyyyyyyyyy household of my ..."
    People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long.
    -- .. .-.. .-.. -.--
    Premium Member

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 am

• the real Oggy wrote:Machete

Beheadings, bullets, blood and babes on the Texas/Mexico border.
    Machete is a former cop, hired to shoot Robert De Nero, in an attempt to gain De Nero's character the vote for Senate, and then totally stitched up. Our man then goes out for revenge, his name telling you what his weapon of choice is. Expanded from a fake Trailer in the Grindhouse films of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, Starring Danny Trejo (you may not know the name, but there is no mistaking that face) and also featuring Steven Seagal, Cheech Marin, Jessica Alba an unrecognisible Don johnson, and a mostly nude Lindsay Lohan. This is possibly the ultimate 'bloke' movie, and a perfect antidote, if like me, you were forced to watch Sex and The City2 (over 140 minutes, and I still couldn't work out if Sarah Jessica Parker's face was the right way round)
    I did think that last years banned Grotesque had probably the best disembowelling scene ever, then I saw Machete go on better, utilising a freshly drawn intestine to abseil down to another window.
    This is my kind of Movie. :D :D

I've been waiting for this for a long time. The only movie ever to appear out of a fake trailer.
    Imajica
    Sapphire Poster

Previous

Return to All Other Banter

Information