Protest Singer SongWriters

General Discussion of IQ and music in general
Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:42 pm

• All lovers of people and music around the world.
    My thoughts and those of my wife and others in our family and friends are with our daughter and son in law who are in Bergen safe and well as I write this, they having been on a European Grand Tour of sorts to celebrate their honeymoon, hoping they make a safe return next Sat. We think about the victims of teroism worldwide but specifically Manchester and London.
    I write this because it revives memories of so many atrocities over the years, in this great country and abroad. I'm a fan of so many of the songs written in response to these and other events. Many of those song writers are now approaching their twilight years, though some are still giving it big licks. I implore those great protest singer song writers to do something to show that around the world, decent loving people of all nationalities, faiths, creeds and followings, who engage in peaceful pass times and endeavours, will be tolerated and loved whoever and wherever they are.
    Come on you seers of visions, those who wrote about housing issues in Essex new towns, those who wrote about hating the white man and those who set him free, those Canadians from Topanga Canyon and Broken Arrow Ranch, those Americans from New Jersey specifically Astbury Park and others, please sharpen your tongues and fill your quills for good against evil.
    One Love to all.
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Return to Discussion

Information