The Met Bury 2017

General Discussion of IQ and music in general
Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:34 pm

• Not long to wait now, and greatly looking forward to the gig in its refurbished surroundings.

Also looking forward to hitting the merchandise stand; can the vinyl albums please be on sale, as well as the Blu-ray? Going home with a thinner wallet is all part of the gig experience.........................
    Prog isn't Prog without bass pedals.
    perkin flump
    Silver Poster

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:10 pm

• Hi fellow iqers.
    Hope you are all refreshed and invigorated after a fantastic gig at a rejuvenated Met.
    Hope those travelling returned / are on way safely and without incident. My journey across the Snake Pass from Greater Manchester to S Yorkshire was without any hassle thank goodness.
    Does any one or even those in the inner sanctum know the title of the song immediately following Constellations please. Set list.fm has it as unknown.
    Yes I am one of those sad people who save their tickets, in my case in one of this photo albums with self adhesive pages. I also print off a set list to accompany the ticket.
    See you all at Bilston in April or maybe even Leeds next week for Sabbath, or Nottingham for the ARW gig, or Birmingham and or Nottingham for the Hackett gigs or maybe Bilston in June for the Lifesigns gig, or perhaps even a bit of culture in the V&A for the Floyd exhibition.
    TTFN Q
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:02 am

• Carl Jacobs wrote:Does any one or even those in the inner sanctum know the title of the song immediately following Constellations please. Set list.fm has it as unknown.

Hi Carl,

it was a new song - call it 'Newie' or 'Utwip' (Unknown title - work in progress) or maybe 'Mallefax Tittybasket'. :)

Micha
    T minus:

Salle Jean-Paul Tardif, Québec, CAN: 14,
    Club Soda, Montréal, CAN: 15,
    ProgStock 2018, UCPAC, Rahway, NJ, USA: 17,
    Islington Assembly Hall, London, UK: 86,
    Cultuurpodium Boerderij, Zoetermeer, NL: 87,
    The Met, Bury, UK: 115 days
    Micha
    Premium Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:44 am

• I can't remember what Peter wrote on the actual setlist on the night but the email I got with the setlist at the start of January was:

Intro & Track

We have the sirens, searchlights (intro), then the new WIP song (track)

;-)
    Grab your taco, you've pulled a dyslexic Mexican.
    Deno
    Site Admin

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:02 pm

• More to the point, was it a good new song? Was it similar to TROB songs? Just interested.

Of course, all new IQ songs are good . . . (thought I'd get that in first lol)
    IWasANun

Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:21 pm

• Have to say it was a jolly splendiferous recital at The Met last Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed the setlist, including the mystery song and Peter was in fine form with the intros. The Met has scrubbed up well and I felt the sound level was just about right - the gig there in 2015 left a ringing in my ears, this one didn't. I guess I'm becoming an old git but I prefer it if my hearing is not adversely affected by the end of the gig.

Super stuff, well worth the journey down from Scotland. :D
    proggie
    Bronze Poster

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:52 pm

• proggie wrote: I guess I'm becoming an old git but I prefer it if my hearing is not adversely affected by the end of the gig.
    :D

Alpine MusicSafe pro filters.
    Don't go to a gig without them!
    Nickk
    Silver Poster

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 pm

• proggie wrote: The Met has scrubbed up well and I felt the sound level was just about right - the gig there in 2015 left a ringing in my ears, this one didn't. I guess I'm becoming an old git but I prefer it if my hearing is not adversely affected by the end of the gig

ACS Pro 17 custom moulded earplugs were the only way I could keep gigging with my band (and also going to gigs) without provoking tinnitus/ringing. Seriously, if your ears are ringing, then you have damaged them. Do it too many times and the damage becomes cumulative and permanent. Honest.
    IWasANun

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 am

• Hi all. Thank you for the kind words about the gig at The Met. We all had a great time and The Met looks very lovely indeed after its refurb. My working title for the new song, which is very much a work in progress and feels like it has a long way to go yet, is 'Resurrection'.
    drpowder
    IQ

Return to Discussion

Information