Subterranea : The Movie

General Discussion of IQ and music in general
Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:10 pm

• Hi all
    I can't quite remember, but I contributed as a Sleepless Incidental backer and received T shirt some time ago. I think that's it in terms of rewards.
    Can anyone confirm if the dvd is part of the SI reward?
    If not, how can I purchase this must see film ideally on blu ray?
    Will there be stock of both formats, if both are available, in this delightful emporium of delectitious visual and aural delights?
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:20 am

• Interesting...you've received your t-shirt? Have other contributors received anything?
    FrodisCaper

Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:35 am

• FYI, Mat followed up with me via the Kickstarter site. All is clear now. (Thanks Mat!) Again, huge CHEERS to Mat, IQ and the full team on the project - greatly anticipate experiencing the movie.

Peace
    FrodisCaper

Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm

• How can you buy the movie ? He will never go out in Italy ? or at least subtitled ?
    ico66

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:57 pm

• Hey All,

Sorry I haven't checked in here in a while. I do want to thank all of you that came out to the screening in London, it was a blast and a real treat to meet so many other IQ fans from all over the world!

The film is coming out in the US on October 25th. We are working on international deals as well. It will be available on VOD, DVD and digital platforms. We will notify everyone when its available in specific markets. It will most likely be subtitled in foreign languages.

As for Blu-ray, we're unfortunately not going to be producing any because its a little too expensive for our budget of film :(. However, those who ordered a kickstarter Blu-ray will get one.

As for the kickstarter rewards, the final rewards should be on there way very soon, as we're just waiting to receive the discs from the distributor.

And as for future projects of IQ or other concept albums... you never know :)

Mat
    Mathew Miller

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:47 pm

• Well all
    Just received my copy of Subby film. Had to purchase via Amazon.com though. I'm barred from opening package though 'till Christmas. A higher authority, some may call her Provider, has decreed so and who am I to question the authority.
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:01 am

• Are the DVD rewards out yet? I have not received mine - I thought I would get one.

Mathew Miller wrote:Hey All,

Sorry I haven't checked in here in a while. I do want to thank all of you that came out to the screening in London, it was a blast and a real treat to meet so many other IQ fans from all over the world!

The film is coming out in the US on October 25th. We are working on international deals as well. It will be available on VOD, DVD and digital platforms. We will notify everyone when its available in specific markets. It will most likely be subtitled in foreign languages.

As for Blu-ray, we're unfortunately not going to be producing any because its a little too expensive for our budget of film :(. However, those who ordered a kickstarter Blu-ray will get one.

As for the kickstarter rewards, the final rewards should be on there way very soon, as we're just waiting to receive the discs from the distributor.

And as for future projects of IQ or other concept albums... you never know :)

Mat
    Knucklehead

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

• Hey Guys,

The DVD's for our kickstarter backers have been shipped. The Blu-Rays are slightly delayed because we had to change our order. We're still waiting on the pressing to be completed, hopefully soon.

I wanted to let everyone else know, especially overseas, that we are still working on getting international distribution lined up. Until that happens, the only place to watch it right now, outside the US, is https://vimeo.com/ondemand/subterranea

The soundtrack download for our kickstarter backers is very very close as well :) I'll be updating via kickstarter soon.

I hope everyone's having a nice holiday season so far.

Mat
    Mathew Miller

Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:00 pm

• Hi Mat,

today was my first (uninterrupted) chance to watch the film. I was a Kickstarter backer, mostly out of IQ-based interest as I don't normally watch many films, but I really enjoyed Subterranea - well done to you and the team! I will be watching it again when the DVD arrives and await the soundtrack with interest - that closing song is lovely! As for all the little IQ touches throughout the film, and the pleasure of hearing the themes from Subterranea (the album) all the way through made it fun to watch. Even the main protagonist looks like a (younger) McDozenlegs with the beard - I don't know whether that was planned lol.

Anyway, for you, a job well done and hopefully the film will reap the plaudits that it deserves. To those on here that haven't seen it, it is worth it.

R
    IWasANun

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:51 am

• Thanks for you kind reply! I'm glad you enjoyed the film and am thankful to have had your support in making it happen!

The Blu-Rays are being sent out to the remaining kickstarter backers. I hope to have all the shipping completed by Monday.
    Mathew Miller

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:49 pm

• I've seen the DVD on Amazon UK, but with a region warning. Are the US DVD's region free, or are they region 1 and therefore no good for my steam driven player?

I am however listening (and enjoying muchly) to the soundtrack CD as I write this. Great album that stands fine on it's own two feet. Thanks Mike!
    Your call is important to us. You are moving up the queue. Let me play you The Corrs so you fuck off before I have to answer.
    Baron Von Ruddles
    Diamond Poster

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:38 pm

• Hey All,

Unfortunately, the DVD's available in the US are only region 1. At the moment our international sales rep is still working to get the film overseas. As soon as I have any information, I'll let you all know.

However, I do have some region free DVD's in my possession and a little more interestingly, a few copies of the special edition Blu-Ray that we made for some of our kickstarter backers that I wanted to offer up here. The Blu-Rays are (for the time being) the only Blu-Rays that are going to be made of the film, again unfortunately. They will be offered first come first served.

If anyone is interested, please email us at contact@subterranea-movie.com and put 'DVD or Blu-Ray order' in the subject. The DVD's will be $15+shipping and the Blu-Rays are $25+shipping. Once we get your address we will calculate the shipping and you can pay the final cost via paypal from our website. International shipping averages around $13 fyi.

I hope those of you who were able to attend Bury enjoyed the show. The pictures look great!

Cheers
    Mathew Miller

Previous

Return to Discussion

Information