Subterranea : The Movie

General Discussion of IQ and music in general
Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:31 pm

• Errr, that post is dated January 2014, I know he didn't say which April, but........... :roll:

I do check Imbd, but the last update was in December last year.
    http://www.myspace.com/everybodyknowsadave

Am I the same when I'm not here?
    mozo
    Emerald Poster

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:05 am

• mozo wrote:Errr, that post is dated January 2014, I know he didn't say which April, but........... :roll:

Hmm, true, didn't see that. Well, the teaser trailer looked (and sounded) very interesting, so here's hoping too we will get to see the film soon.
    bokkers
    Gold Poster

Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:31 pm

• News from the Subterranea fb page:

"After many months of post production, we are extremely pleased to announce that we have completed the final mix for Subterranea!
    We want to thank everyone for your continued support of and patience with the project. We are beyond thrilled with how the film turned out and can't wait to share it with everyone soon.
    In the meantime we will have more updates coming shortly, including our official trailer.
    Once again, thank you and stay tuned!"

https://www.facebook.com/SubterraneaMovie?fref=nf
    T minus:

Salle Jean-Paul Tardif, Québec, CAN: 12,
    Club Soda, Montréal, CAN: 13,
    ProgStock 2018, UCPAC, Rahway, NJ, USA: 15,
    Islington Assembly Hall, London, UK: 84,
    Cultuurpodium Boerderij, Zoetermeer, NL: 85,
    The Met, Bury, UK: 113 days
    Micha
    Premium Member

Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:47 pm

• Thanks Micha!

I apologize again for lack of info over the past months and year. It has been a very long process but one in which not much has changed other than being able to say "were almost done..." There are so many moving pieces with the project. It just takes a long time and we wanted to make sure we got everything right. But as Micha shared, we have finished our work on the film. I want to thank everyone on here for being patient.

Now we are looking to submit to festivals and trying to find venues at which we can screen the film. So there's a little more waiting to do before it's viewable, but in the meantime we'll have more updates, trailer, new website and other things to keep you entertained, hopefully :).

If all goes well, we should have the official trailer out in 2-3 weeks. We've already done a bunch of work on it, but put it on the back burner a few months ago as we turned all of our attention to pushing the film over the finish line.

Anyways, thanks again for the support. I'll try and check the board here a little more often now that we're done working on it. If you have questions feel free to ask away.

Mat
    Mathew Miller

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:28 am

• Hi - not sure if too early for a checkpoint on the backer's 'rewards' status...assuming this will be handled after the official release (I know we are approaching, but no contact has been made for any status aside form periodic updates here - no worries, and understood where things are currently, at the red zone so to speak - bravo!! And, apologies if I've missed something!!!).

Thanks
    FrodisCaper

Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:11 pm

• Yeah, the final set of Kickstarter rewards, mainly being the film itself, will take a little longer to be delivered. The timing depends on a lot of things, like when and where we premier the film and how our distribution works out. As the project has evolved we have (thankfully) progressed to the point where distribution looks more and more likely (fingers crossed) but this also means that we can't just burn our own copies and send them out to our supporters as we had originally intended to do. So we'll have to wait a little longer until all that is settled. However, this will hopefully provide us the opportunity to give you a more professional version of the film when all is said and done. None the less, we haven't forgotten about our supports and can't wait to give you your rewards in due time. Thanks again for the support.
    Mathew Miller

Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:59 pm

• Thanks for the quick response/update, Mat! This I'm sure is a special electrical time for you, IQ and the production team - best of luck to you all with the final stages of the project.

Raising a double IPA to you and all!
    FrodisCaper

Tue May 12, 2015 11:01 am

• How's the trailer going? Eager to see it!
    --
    Member of the Marquee Cabal, 1982-1985, now revisiting my prog roots - and loving it!
    jonsg

Mon May 18, 2015 3:18 pm

• It's coming along slowly, we are hopeful of having out near the weekend. We had a small technical setback on it but were approaching the final mix of it which shouldn't take too long. We'll also have our new website out with the trailer soon too so keep holding on!
    Mathew Miller

Tue May 26, 2015 3:33 pm

• Good news coming soon! Beyond the imminent release of the trailer...
    Mathew Miller

Sun May 31, 2015 5:11 pm

• For those of you who aren't backers, who live in the USA and would like to go to the World Premiere - here's the news that Mathew alluded to in his last posting.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are very excited to announce Subterranea's World Premiere at the Reno Tahoe International Film Festival! We are very happy with our end product and thrilled to be able to finally share our work with everyone.
    The film's first showing is on Friday, June 5th, at 4:00PM. Filmmakers Brandon Woodard and Mathew Miller will be in attendance. There is a second screening on Sunday, June 7th, at 2:00PM as well. If anyone in the Northern California / Reno area would like to attend, we would love to share the film with you. You can get tickets at http://rtiff.org
    We have more exciting updates coming soon, so be on the lookout! Thank you once again for your continued support.
    - Mathew Miller and Brandon Woodard
    Producers
    IWasANun

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:30 pm

• Mathew Miller wrote:Good news coming soon! Beyond the imminent release of the trailer...

And it's here!

On Vimeo:
    http://vimeo.com/129443301

On the official site:
    http://subterranea-movie.com

:D
    I can learn to resist - anything but temptation
    ArtIQfan
    Emerald Poster

Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:16 pm

• How will the movie be distributed ?
    Mockenrue
    Diamond Poster

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:52 am

• Mockenrue wrote:How will the movie be distributed ?

Nothing is finalized yet as we are still waiting for the film to screen in more festivals and theatrical venues first. However, it will most likely be available for digital purchase via amazon, iTunes etc as well as DVD/Blu-Ray. Fingers crossed.
    Mathew Miller

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:02 pm

• Hey All,

I wanted to let everyone know a couple of updates. Subterranea just won Grand Prize in the Sci-Fi and Fantasy category at Rhode Island International Film Festival! We had a really nice weekend at the festival and are very proud to have won the grand prize. With this win, we will have another screening in Rhode Island in October for their Vortex Sci-Fi and Fantasy sidebar festival. I'll let everyone know about the date and time when I find out.
    Beyond this we have another screening to announce. We will be at the Reel East Film Festival in Oaklyn, New Jersey this weekend. We will screen on Saturday, August 22nd at 11am. It was a little last minute for us but we hope anyone in the vicinity can make the screening. We'll also have another mid atlantic screening to announce shortly for the first weekend of October in Maryland. Stay tuned for more information.

Best,

Mat
    Mathew Miller

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion

Information