2018 Gigs

General Discussion of IQ and music in general
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:45 pm

• All
    Hiya
    Bury was exceptional. Looking forward to Robin2 gig in May and then the Xmas bash at Islington.

Could I make request on the off chance that there will be intervening gigs in the U.K.

Given that Steve Hackett has announced gigs for the first week in Oct and likely Peter may be at Manchester, could the band please try to organise gigs that do not clash with these gigs. Sam Smyth’s face book post re Jadis and IQ was apposite. Unfortunately, fans of both bands have to choose between Bilston and Tufnell Park London on the Sat. and if can’t get to St Helens on the Fri due to travel and or work will miss a rare outing of a great band.
    I do not, in any way, criticise the band, but a little thought would be very much appreciated and allow us fans to spend more of our hard earned cash pursuing our passion for great prog.
    All the best and see you at St Helens Citadel, Bilston Robin2, Nottingham Royal Concert Hall, Manchester Bridgwater Hall, London Festival Hall and Islington.
    Carl Jacobs
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:45 am

• Hi peeps...
    I need 1 Ticket for Aschaffenburg, 10.02.18 ! Someone help me?
    This time I missed to book earlier.. never thought that it's sold out.. :(
    pollux
    Sapphire Poster

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

• I was really disappointed when IQ and Jadis announced gigs on the same night.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    gianfranco's son

Sat May 05, 2018 8:09 pm

• Attended the Arena gig yesterday evening. Highly recommended indeed. If you get the chance, go for it 8) . The whole album 'The Visitor' was played and some parts from the new album 'Double Vision', to be released on 25th May, but available at the gigs.
    'I will surrender my heart to the sky
    Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)
    Teunis
    Emerald Poster

Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 pm

• What a few days its been. I know that we are only supposed to mention IQ stuff here, but please allow me a slight dalliance. We all know that Martin is back with his “other” band and what a couple of gigs; Southampton and the cramp and a little rusty, but with a great atmosphere, then St Helens for a superb gig with an awesome sound. Then onto Bilston for a blistering performance by the reason for this web site. A perfect gig...almost. Reading the set list it seems that the asterixed songs are obviously possibly destined for recording for the live Ever set.
    I split my viewing to stage centre, front row then next to Lol at mixing desk for the encores.
    Drums overpowered the set but that was where we stood. When you stand next to the desk all becomes in equilibrium.
    Apologies to those at all the gigs this weekend, stood behind my rather tall frame, especially in the hot and sweaty pit. Still if you want to get to the front, get there earlier.
    Looking forward to the Ever re release and the Christmas gig in London and also the Bury gig next year.
    Keep on keeping on lads; it’s just superb the happiness and joy you bring to us fans. I appreciate that we are of a generally certain age, but great to see ladies here also. I also appreciate that prog is a much maligned genre in media circles, but hey, isnt prog the new indie then?
    Now that Amsterdam is on the Eurostar network, I will hopefully get to Holland. Here’s hoping Munich can be added also. I prefer trains to planes.
    See you all soon
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Return to Discussion

Information