IQ gigs 2017

General Discussion of IQ and music in general
Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:53 pm

• The Robin in Wolverhampton have posted on their gig guide that IQ will be appearing on Saturday April 22nd, 2017.

Am I being a little greedy in wishing for more UK gigs in 2016? :?

I'm there in less than 2 weeks to see District 97, so that'll be some tickets snapped up.
    Prog isn't Prog without bass pedals.
    perkin flump
    Silver Poster

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:35 pm

• perkin flump wrote:The Robin in Wolverhampton have posted on their gig guide that IQ will be appearing on Saturday April 22nd, 2017.

And as I've been reminded by my good friend Mark, that will leave plenty of time to rehearse Further Away
    :P :P :P Pretty please :P :P :P
    Prog isn't Prog without bass pedals.
    perkin flump
    Silver Poster

Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:13 pm

• Or even, God forbid or heaven forfend, new numbers in their embryonic phase??
    One lives in hope.
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 am

• Have a great gig tonight one and all! I'll be playing Andover, me, so won't be able to make it, but will be thinking of y'all :)
    'Keep right on...'
    J Jonah Jameson
    Emperor Ming

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 am

• J Jonah Jameson wrote:Have a great gig tonight one and all! I'll be playing Andover, me, so won't be able to make it, but will be thinking of y'all :)

Have fun Mr John Jowitt.....x
    Grab your taco, you've pulled a dyslexic Mexican.
    Deno
    Site Admin

Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:44 pm

• Looking forward to tonight. Wonder how many tickets have been sold ?
    It would have been great to see JJ in the crowd.
    Does anyone know about a good place to park for Robin 2 ?
    2 Sheds
    Silver Poster

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:43 pm

• To all associated with IQ; crew, desk crew and of course Anne. Also Robin2 staff. Thanks for a superb gig last night. Sound was the usual greatness. A usual memorable moment; the dangling cable incident will go down in the annals of IQ gigography along with the failed mic during The Wake.
    This gig and previous MET gig have left me with a dilemma; stand at stage and have the drums drown out most instruments and have a great view of the band. Or stand close to mixing desk and have all instruments perfectly balanced but with a reduced view. Hmmm which to go for?
    I would say a perfect set list given that ES could not have been placed in same set as TLHG and TNM. Would have liked OL to book end HL but hey!
    All in all a fantastic 24 hours, following a superb very early morning at Badlands record shop in Cheltenham spending a fortune on RSD releases and getting one of those nice Fred Perry freebies. Wore my 2015 RSD T shirt in an attempt to provoke or remind the band about the Seventh House vinyl release, but discussions in the RSD queue could have explained why the release has been delayed; the major labels have block booked the record pressing plants for months in advance, thus preventing other independent (there's an irony) artistes having their titles being pressed in time.
    Thanks again and look forward to the SH vinyl and next gig whenever and wherever it is.
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:16 pm

• Yes the Bilston gig was excellent, as it was in 2015. For my mate Dougie and I this was IQ gig number 11, memorable for not only the great set list and sound, and I think, one of the best vocal performances from Pete I have seen, but also for the fact that we arrived at the robin 2 hotel to check in and entered reception to find Peter Nichols standing there, and didn't even say hello to him because we were both a bit star struck ......doh... oh well next time.

Thanks IQ for all the great music... so looking forward to the next album..

Please play Leamington spa again... fantastic gig in 2011, and a wonderful venue..... and please please, play 'further away' live again soon.
    fayreaisle

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:53 pm

• Anyone have a set list please for the Robin gig last week? I have looked on set list.fm and the Robin gig is not there yet.
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:16 pm

• Breathtaker
    Knucklehead / The Magic Roundabout
    From The Outside In
    The Road Of Bones
    Constellations
    The Narrow Margin
    Frequency
    Guiding Light
    Until The End
    The Wake
    The Last Human Gateway

Failsafe
    Headlong

(Thanks to Denise for the setlist... :) )
    T minus:
    Assembly Hall, Islington, UK: 51,
    De Boerderij, Zoetermeer, NL: 58,
    The Met, Bury, UK: 88,
    Phenomenon, Fontaneto d'Agogna, I: 113,
    Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg, GER: 114,
    The Robin 2, Bilston, UK: 198 days
    Micha
    Premium Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am

• When's the next gig guys?
    BrandenLe

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:49 pm

• Well just when you think there are no gigs or not that many, then two come along on same day. Unfortunately, I'm pre booked to go approx 60 or 70 miles further south at Trading Boundaries in Sussex to see the Saturday acoustic gig of one Steve Hackett. TB won't change the date to Sun 10th, therefore I'll miss the Islington gig.
    Hopefully, the pressies will not all sell out and be made available on t'web shop. Or I'll have to use auction sites or certain discography listing sites.
    Hey ho.
    Enjoy.
    Carl
    Carl Jacobs
    Silver Poster

Return to Discussion

Information